Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Irish Soda Bread

Mom sent her Irish Soda Bread recipe in the mail today,  So I decided to give it a try.  This recipe is originally  from the Devore's Doughnut Shop in Fairfield, CT.  It was published in the Bridgeport Post after the closure of Devore's.   After hitting the grocery store for some cake flour and Crisco, I attempted the recipe.  The batter was really "gooey", but the breads look good as they came out of the oven.  Haven't tasted them yet.

Mom just called to tell me to make them round.  The call came a little too late. Maybe next time.

My first attempt at the Devore's Soda Bread right out of the oven
Late night update:  They are scrumptious but probably fattening!  We will be giving one of these to our neighbor.  I still have 1/3 of the dough in the fridge.  Will probably make it this weekend.  I want to see how it comes out after being in the fridge for a few days and I will try it round instead of football shaped.

No comments: