Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Wild Brush Fire in La Cresta!

I heard fire truck sirens this morning, but that is not unusual since the fire station is just up the road.  I also smelled smoke and heard helicopters flying overhead.  So, I went outside to see what was going on.  This is what I saw from the end of my driveway.

Looks like there's a fire up in La Cresta (taken from my driveway)

More of the smoke from my driveway

1:00PM Update:  Now it's on the TV.  Over 100 acres burned, and it out of control.
 
Check this link: KCAL 9 News on the fire

TV Report on the Fire in La Crest

More updates: Over 200 acres burned, Houses threatened!
Its a big fire!
Really close to houses
6:00PM Update:

The fire is almost out, only 1 house was destroyed.  Helicopters and airplanes were buzzing our house all day long picking up water nearby and dropping on the fire. They are still flying and still dumping water & retardant at 6:00PM. It was big news on all the news stations.  No word yet on what caused it.

Here's another new link: ABC Local News about the fire

This house escaped damage thanks to the firemen on the ground

These planes were buzzing our house all day long.

Overview of the fire

This was up in the Santa Rosa Palteau, La Cresta, Tenaja and De Luz area of Murrieta.  It was near where the road drops off the Plateau.  See my earlier blog entries about this area.  I will take a ride up there probably tomorrow to see the damage.  Thank goodness the fire was contained and we didn't have the winds that we usually get at 4:00PM to spread the fire down the hill to our community.

No comments: