Wednesday, March 14, 2012

San Diego Auction & Dinner

Last night we went to the Mission Hills Auction again in San Diego. Click here for their web site and auction preview pictures. Every Tuesday they have a junk/box lot auction downstairs at 4PM and then a furniture auction upstairs at 7PM.  It usually takes us an hour to get there on the freeways. The traffic usually isn't that bad when we leave around 1:30.  The freeways to San Diego are 4-6 lanes wide with additional 2 express lanes to handle the rush hour traffic.  We haven't been in rush hour traffic yet.

We bought about 9 boxes of books for Amazon. Mostly herbal and homeopathy books. I think they should do well on Amazon.


Harbor Island, Arrow points to the restaurant
We decided not to stay for the furniture auction and to go get something to eat instead.  I had bookmarked a good seafood restuarant (Point Loma Seafoods) on my Xoom, but when we got there it was closed for renovations.  I guess I should have checked their web site first.  I searched on my Xoom for "restaurants" and picked one out at the tip of the Harbor Island.

Tom Ham's Lighthouse Restaurant
This restaurant is called Tom Ham's Lighthouse, you can see their web page here.  The view of the San Diego skyline was great and the food was even better.  I had grilled yellow tail, Elly had the grilled salmon.

Arrow points to our Table
We had a wonderful seat near the window and watched the San Diego skyline as the sun set and the skyline lighted up!


No comments: