Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Fixing a Rotten Back Door Threshold

Our back door jambs look like they were rotting out just like the front doo had a few years ago.  This happens because we don't have storm doors and the snow pile up against the wood. So I decide to fix it like I did the front.


Jambs cut, threshold removed, sub floor removed

I even had to replace some of the wall plate and reinforce the floor joists

Making progress, sub-floor replaced
While I was at it, I also replace some of the side that had been melted from the gas grill being too close to the house.

The entire mess.

All Done. Good as new
It took about a week because halfway through the project we had about three days of rain. This meant the I had to cover the entire project with a sheet of plastic.

Project completed, just in time for our vacation to the Cape.


No comments: