Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Greenhouse Heater

As part of the packaged greenhouse from Farmtek, I also got a propane heater. It is one of those wall mount ventless types from Desa. They are also know as Glo-Warm heaters. I decided to mount the heater on a piece of concrete hardboard that I got from Home Depot. I mounted the hardboard to the aluminum wall supports. I used the cement hardboard because I didn't know how much heat the heater would generate and I didn't want the polycarbonate wall melting. It all worked out pretty good. I put a 100 pound propane tank in back of the greenhouse and piped in the propane underground. Now I just have to see how long it taks to burn through 100 lbs. of proapne during the winter. We haven't put any plants in yet, but are planning on starting germinating in February.

No comments: